- Make a List - What do you need right now? Are you just starting your wedding planning and need everything from the venue to the dress? Or, are you nearly finished and just need a few last minute things? Make a list of what you need in order of priority. Obviously, your venue needs to be decided on first.
- Go Online - Take your list and research who will be at the show. See which vendors will be there for each category you need. Visit their website. Check out their reviews. Write down the one's that really stick out to you that you want to make sure you visit.
- Arrive Early - Bring a friend or family member and arrive early! You will want to take your time and not be rushed. There are fashion shows as well, which are fun and informative. You want to make time to watch them as well.
- Do Not Eat - Every baker and caterer there will have food! And if either of those are on your list you will want to sample. All those samples will fill you up very quickly! If you are still hungry towards the end of the day the Extravaganza does have food available for purchase.
- Start on one side and work your way down - When you arrive just go to the right or left and start going down rows. If you approach a booth that you do not need simply skip them, no need to stop and pick up information or visit them. If you need the vendor, but not quite ready to book in the next month or two, it's good to stop and get some information, get a feel for them, but don't spend too much time with them. Bring a pen. If you like that vendor and want to remember them place a star on their brochure. Jot down a few notes about them so they stand out later. If you approach a vendor that you need to book soon, then spend the most time with them. Get to know them. Sample their product. Find out if you feel they would be a good fit.
- Be Ready To Book - If you find a vendor that you really like after researching them online and meeting them in person, book them! Some vendors will do show specials. Most will book up busy wedding dates soon after the show. So, if you like them, be ready to sign a contract and leave a deposit on site!
- Re-visit - If time permits, revisit the vendors that you really liked. This might help you narrow down your selection or even choose a vendor!
- Go through the brochures - Treat your friend to dinner and go through all the information! You want to do that asap, as it will still be fresh on your mind. Separate the brochures of the vendors that you liked and didn't like. Choose the top 3 vendors of each category that you need and keep those in a safe place.
- Make appointments - For the vendors that you need to book within the next month go ahead and and contact your top 3 to set up consultations. Try to meet with all 3 of them in one week, so you can properly compare them. For those that can wait, keep their information in a safe place so you can contact your top 3 choices when you are ready to book them.
- Have Fun - The show is high energy! It's a blast! You will meet some great and knowledgeable wedding professionals. Listen to their ideas and suggestions. Enjoy the fashion shows and sign up for the drawings! You never know what you can win!
It's that time of year again! Time for the Bridal Extravaganza! Austin's best one stop shop for everything any bride could need for her wedding! When I talk to many brides about the show I often hear one word, "overwhelming!" And to the unprepared bride, it will be! Rows and rows and hundreds of vendors! It can very quickly become information overload. But, it doesn't have to be! It can be a great resource for getting valuable information for your wedding! Here is the best way to get the most out of the show:
I hope this will help you get the most out of the Bridal Extravaganza! Don't forget to stop by our booth (#804) anytime on June 15th between Noon and 6:00 pm! Visit early as we sometimes run out of cake!
Kayla grew up in the wedding industry and has grown to love all things wedding. Please enjoy reading her thoughts and experiences as she continues to walk in family tradition.