- Is my date open? First things first, right! Spring wedding months are booked, but give us a call...we might still be able to work with you. Summer is filling up fast, so if you are a May through August bride give us a call asap. The fall brides are starting to come in, but most dates are still available. As is winter.
- Determine your budget. Do some research and come up with a realistic budget for your wedding. A great place to start is www.costofwedding.com. You can type in your zip code and it will breakdown the average cost based on your guest count and even go into details, like what is the average budget on a wedding cake (answer $350-550).
- Have a theme and ideas in mind. Search pinterest and pin ideas of cakes that you like. That way we can discuss different ideas.
- Think about the extras. Do you want to save your top tier? Do you want flowers on your cake or other adornments? What about a grooms cake?
- Be open to suggestions. Some brides come in "knowing" exactly what they want. And sometimes, that's great! And sometimes, not so great. Be open to changes or ideas.
Engagement season is over, wedding season is about to begin, and right now we are in the middle of booking season! We have been meeting with bride's left and right to talk to them about their wedding. As you are preparing for your consultation, here are a few things to consider:
Kayla grew up in the wedding industry and has grown to love all things wedding. Please enjoy reading her thoughts and experiences as she continues to walk in family tradition.