- First things first, sample. We will all have flavors there for you to sample. Make sure you grab a bite. This will be an easy way to see if you like the flavor, moisture, and texture of their cakes. If you don't like the cake...obviously, that's one off the list. If you do, you are on your way to selecting a baker.
- Look through their albums. Check out their work. We all have different styles. Some of us are more traditional, others more contemporary. Others focus more on those crazy blow your mind cakes. Do their styles match up with your vision for your wedding? Do they work mainly with fondant or buttercream and which would you rather have on your cake?
- Get pricing info. We will all be passing out lots of information. Look over the brochure at the pricing information. If it's unclear, ask. We would all be more than happy to assist you.
- Once you've gone through and gathered this basic information sit down with your friends/family. Look over all the bakers info. Which were your favorite in design, flavor, and pricing? If one is over your budget, knock them out. If you didn't like the flavor, next. This will help you eliminate.
- Choose or set appointments. It isn't rare for brides to run up to our booth at the end of a show and want to sign a contract. If you know which baker you want to use, go ahead and sign on the line! You never know what other brides are doing that too. And if you wait a few weeks your date might be gone. Be the early bird. If you really like a few go back to each of their booths. Talk to them. Ask questions. Tell them about your wedding. And schedule a consultation. It's hard to really discuss a wedding with a bride at the show because hundreds of other brides are competing for our attention too. So, let's chat one on one. The weeks following the show will book up fast. So, bring your calendar with you. Let's set up a time while you are there to visit the next week. That way you are ahead of the rush.
Yes! It's that time again! Time for the Austin Bridal Extravaganza! Some brides come to the show to get ideas and begin their journey down the wedding planning path. Others have a specific vendor they are looking to book and are on a mission to find them! Well, if you are looking for a baker, this blog is for you! Here are a few tips on choosing your baker at the show with the least amount of stress:
Kayla grew up in the wedding industry and has grown to love all things wedding. Please enjoy reading her thoughts and experiences as she continues to walk in family tradition.