- Usually the first thing we do when you arrive is go over the details (date, time location, venue, etc).
- Once I have that information down I allow bride's to look through my albums while I prepare their samples.
- Then, everybody's favorite part...tasting several different flavors of cake!
- We then begin to customize your cake. We will select the shape or shapes of your cake based on your estimated guest count.
- After that we will discuss design. Bride's are always free to choose a design from my album, from a magazine or online article (I can always work from photos), or we can customize a design specifically for you! There have been many times I've created designs based on a bride's dress or other image she is using in her wedding.
- After the design is flavor! Together, we can discuss some good flavor options. Some things to consider, if you are having a heavy meal it might be better to go with a lighter cake. Summer weddings prefer lighter cakes as well, whereas a winter wedding does better with a heavier or more dense cake!
- Once your flavors are selected we draw up a contract and go over the details one more time! At that time bride's are free to leave a deposit, which will secure their date/time, or they can go home and think it over for a few days. One thing to consider though, I cannot hold dates for brides so bride's who take a while to choose their baker after a consultation might risk losing out on their baker of choice. It's always a good idea to book as soon as you have selected your vendors!
I often have bride's ask what exactly happens during a consultation. Well, a lot happens. Fist, if you have any photos or colors you want to incorporate into your cake it's always a good idea to bring them along. As a visual person, it really helps me get an idea of the theme of your wedding.
Kayla grew up in the wedding industry and has grown to love all things wedding. Please enjoy reading her thoughts and experiences as she continues to walk in family tradition.