- Is my date available? This is kind of a obvious one, but you don't want to waste your time falling in love with a baker only to find out your date is booked. Make sure this is the very first question you ask.
- Can you explain your delivery procedure? Different bakers deliver their cakes in different ways. Some deliver their cakes already assembled, while other assemble the cakes onsite. Ask if they have flexible delivery or if the cake needs to be delivered at a specific time. And, what is the delivery fee to your venue? Some bakers have a flat rate, others charge by the tier. Additionally, is there a charge to place adornments on the cakes? Some bakers charge to place flowers on the cake, while others do not.
- How do you price your cakes? Most bakers have a basic pricing structure and then there are additional costs for additional items or design added to the cake.
- What type of icings do you use and what do you prefer? Most bakers use multiple types of icings, but they usually prefer to work with one. I would definitely choose a baker who specializes in the type of icing you want on your cake.
- When should I book my cake for my wedding? Depending on the time of year of your wedding, some brides will have more time to shop around than others. Bakers will be honest with you and tell you if you need to be booking right now or if you have some time. Of course, if you know this is the baker for you, it's best to go ahead and book right away and avoid the chance that they may book up early. It does happen.
The Austin Bridal Extravaganza is less than one week away! Are you ready? We are preparing our samples and putting the final touches on our booth display. While we do that, it's best you prepare too. Here are a list of questions you definitely want to ask the cake vendors:
Kayla grew up in the wedding industry and has grown to love all things wedding. Please enjoy reading her thoughts and experiences as she continues to walk in family tradition.