The show is a little huge, a little overwhelming, and a lot of fun!! Let me share with a few tips to get the most out of the show and not feel like a deer in the headlights while doing it.
- Organize your needs. More then likely you just got engaged. Need a venue? Then that's your top priority. Got that, but still need everything else...then your first goal is to find a photographer and caterer. After that you need cakes and flowers. Followed by Music and invitations.
- Come early and don't eat! You will need the full time there, so arrive early and be one of the first in the door. That way you aren't rushing. I know it's tempting to enjoy a nice lunch with your girlfriends prior to the show, but avoid that. Every caterer and baker will have food...and you will want to eat it. So come hungry...I promise, you will leave full.
- Start from one end and work your way down the rows. You don't want to miss anything.
- Spend the most time with your top priority booths and skip those you have. Skips booths of vendors you already have. Get to know the vendors of the booths you need. Ask questions, get pricing and information, schedule a consultation.
- Collect all needed info. Even if you aren't ready to book your florist yet, still grab there info and ask a few questions. This will help you later on in your wedding planning. Bring two bags, a yes bag and a no bag. After talking to the vendors if you like them and they are in your budget put them in your yes bag. If you really like them, star their brochure. You won't remember everything after the show, so notes are great! If you weren't a good fit for them then place their information in your no bag. Hang onto it, you never know what will happen down the road.
- Now go out to eat. Enjoy a margarita and appetizer with your girls and relax!
- Go through your "yes" bag. Organize all the brochures by category. Research your top need and find 3 vendors to meet. Schedule their meetings the same week and make a decision that week. Then, when it's time, do the same thing with the other vendors.